Not long left till Maverick Meerkat aka 10.10 is released with that in mind it’s time for loco teams to start to plan for their release party. I’ve added the global event to the LoCo Directory Maverick Meerkat is scheduled for release on the 10th of the 10th 2010. To celebrate 10.10 LoCo teams have organised parties to celebrate these events.
Release parties are a great way to celebrate, meet new friends and often introduce new people to Ubuntu and to our local communities. Release parties are not only great way to meet people but also they are a lot of fun. Please add your event to the LoCo Directory
If you want to organise a release party:
* Learn more. Read the guidelines on how to run a party. Many of the release parties are organised by Ubuntu LoCo Teams. Check with your local team to see if you can work together on a party.
* Get advice. Ask other loco teams what they have done in the past and what to do, ask on the loco contacts list, or in #ubuntu-locoteams
* Let everyone know. Announce your party on the loco-contacts mailing list to spread the word!
If you have a release party scheduled, be sure to:
* Add your party to the LoCo directory – http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/add
* Spread the word. Blog about it, advertise it, tell your friends, tell local media, tell podcasts and otherwise promote it, tag it with #locoteams
* Stay in touch. Join the IRC channel #ubuntu-release-party on irc.freenode.net
* Add picture tags. If you post photos to Flickr, please tag them with *ubuntu*, *release*, *party*, *2010*, *10.10* and *Maverick*.
Jono Bacon the Ubuntu Community Manager is wanting to put together a collage of release party group photos, so take a group photo of your party people and email jono AT ubuntu DOT com with a link to the photo online and the subject *”Maverick Release Party Photo”* — ensure that you specify which LoCo Team party it is at.